Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Handwriting and Voice

It's pretty much a given that all of us need to keep practicing our voice from now to doomsday, especially if you wish to sound completely convincing over the phone. I know I do, I accept that, and I keep working on that.

But handwriting remains my other challenge, and this is a not so obvious downfall. Especially at times like yesterday, when I was over at Nordstrom's Rack, and found a great pair of Not Your Daughters Jeans. I love the fit and the styles, but typically they run around $115 a pair. The Rack had several styles on sale for under $40, which is too nice of a deal to pass up!

So after standing in line and practicing tossing my hair over my shoulder a few times, I pulled my credit card out, handed it to my cashier, and then proceeded to sign my name to the charge slip.

And then it struck me. I have the handwriting of a deranged scribbler, and I should have the very neat and precise cursive handwriting as my Mother proudly displayed for many years. Which means . . .

Homework Assignment to Self:

Practice my handwriting till it's neat and precise, and would make my Mother proud.